Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thank you for your support

I won first place in the Clash of the Artists international competition in the creative category.  I am both humbled and gratified.  We will have a big celebration at the NY headquarters on May 13 and 14.  If you would like to join me and the winners in fashion, music and visual art, please do.  Information can be found on the website artforprogress.org.  Proceeds go to support arts in education.  Hope to see you there.

Semesters are coming to a close at both CCNY and FIT so my hands are very full right now.  I am working in acrylic, resin and paper for my alternative materials for jewelry fabrication at FIT.  It has been both interesting and challenging.  No time to post anything at the moment.  Look to see work some time in June.

I have been fortunate to have several students at CCNY who are well rounded, good communicators and are able to seamlessly incorporate art into academics in ways that do not dumb down the content.  It has been a pleasure to watch them interact with students.

Thank you so much for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment